Quick Access Links:
Please review the information below. If your question is not answered here, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call 978-447-1965.
Can I wash the liner?
Yes. All VACOcast and VACOped liners are machine washable using cold water and a delicate detergent. We recommend hang drying the liner to ensure no shrinking occurs or using a "no heat" cycle on your drier. Make sure you remove the vacuum insert from the liner before washing. See the video tutorial below for "Removing the Vacuum Insert."
What if I'm not weight bearing?
If your doctor hasn't recommended weight bearing on your injured leg simply wiggle your toes around and flex your foot. This should allow the microbeads to get into any potential "hot spots." Once you have done this, then proceed to use the included vacuum bulb to remove air until the pump no longer expands.
VACOcast doesn't feel like other boots.
Our patented vacuum technology means no inward pressure. VACOcast creates a perfect mold of your limb like a plaster cast without all of the mess (and if you don't get it right the first time you aren't stuck with an ill-fitting cast for weeks). VACOcast will not feel the same as a pneumatic or foam based boot which rely on putting pressure on your limb to create stability. You have the ability to move and shape the beads for maximum comfort. Get the right fit for you.
|In this example, air is forced out of a container to form a perfect mold of the hand. VACOcast uses this same principle to create a perfect fitting orthopedic boot, unmatched in its stability and comfort by any other boot on the market.|
VACOcast Fracture vs. VACOped-Achilles Orthoses
VACOcast Fracture Orthosis is a fixed position boot. VACOped-Achilles Orthosis has a hinge-like mechanism, to adjust flexion and enable controlled Range of Motion (ROM). VACOped-Achilles Orthosis is the best boot on the market for Achilles injury.
VACOcast and VACOped are true, cast REPLACEMENTS
One of the VERY best things about VACOcast Fracture and VACOped-Achilles Orthoses is that they can be used immediately post surgery in place of a plaster cast. You have the right request to use your VACOcast Orthoses in lieu of a plaster cast. Speak with your Orthopedic Specialist and if you would like any medical studies or information to provide to him/her before your procedure contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-447-1965.
Insurance MAY pay for VACOcast
HCPCS L4360 is the billing code used by insurers. Request VACOcast before accepting any other "walking" boot from your physician. If you pay out-of-pocket you may still be eligible for some kind of reimbursement from your insurance company. Reimbursement rates vary depending on your coverage and carrier. Please contact your insurance carrier directly for more information.
Does my Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) reimburse the purchase of VACOcast?
Generally, out-of-pocket amounts paid for the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease or for the purpose of affecting any structure or function of the body may be eligible for reimbursement through FSA or HAS accounts. Your VACO®cast may just be used in such fashion, and therefore you can try to obtain reimbursement for your out-of-pocket expense through your FSA or HAS account.
To do so, please submit a claim for reimbursement to your FSA or HAS provider, which should include your product purchase invoice. Please note that certain information may be requested from your treating clinician, e.g. a prescription or medical notes.
VACOcast Fit Tutorial
VACOcast Pro Achilles Tutorial
Removing the vacuum insert: VACOcast Fit | Pro
Replacing the vacuum insert: VACOcast Fit | Pro
Using the Vacuum Bulb: VACOcast Fit | Pro | Low
Removable sole: VACOcast Fit | Pro
|Shoe Size||M 5-8 | W 6.5-9.5||M 8-11 | W 9.5-13||M 11+ | W 13+|
|Length Positions (Min/Mid/Max)*||9.3" / 9.7" / 10.1"||10.4" / 10.8" / 11.2"||11.3" / 11.7" / 12.2"|
*Length Positions refers to the adjustable toebed settings. There are 3 settings that allow a single boot size to accommodate many shoe sizes.
Hours of Operation
Phone 978-447-1965 | Email email@example.com
Nights and WeekendsUnfortunately, we cannot offer support outside of our normal hours of operation listed above. If you have a medical emergency please contact your physician directly or call 911.
Our office is closed for the following holidays:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President’s Day
- Patriot’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Day-after Thanksgiving (Black Friday)
- Christmas Day
Downloads & Documents
- Treatment Pathway University Clinic Charite Berlin PDF
- VACOcast Pro Achilles Tendon Study PDF
- Full weight-bearing rehabilitation has low re-rupture rate for Achilles tendon injuries
- Semi - functional postoperative treatment of surgically treated Achilles tendon ruptures
RETURNED PRODUCTS AND/OR OTHER CLAIMS
- Within Seven (7) days after Purchaser's receipt of Products, Purchaser must give written notice to SELLER of any claim by Purchaser based upon the condition, quantity, or grade of the Products, and the notice must indicate the basis of the claim in detail. Purchaser's failure to comply with this Section shall constitute irrevocable acceptance by Purchaser of the Products delivered and shall bind Purchaser to pay to SELLER the full price of said Products.
- Products sold shall not be returned without SELLER's prior written consent. PURCHASER may be assessed a restocking fee equal to 20% of the purchase price of such Products plus, shipping fees, and the cost of any labor and/or material charges that SELLER shall incur to repair any damage to any Products that BUYER proposes to return or to replace any component parts of any such Products that show any wear and tear if the Products are not returned in Like-New, or otherwise re-sellable condition. SELLER reserves the right determine amount of refund or exchange after receiving back and inspecting any Products subject to request.
EXCHANGES FOR SIZING
- If you are in between sizes OR unsure of which size to order, please contact us PRIOR to placing your order so that we may assist you. We are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 978-447-1965, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, EST.
- Please DO NOT place an additional order for a different size or return your original order unless we have spoken first, as there are some general adjustment techniques and tips that we can walk you through. We are always here to help you get the right fit for the item that you need.
- We are happy to provide you with an EXCHANGE for sizing issues within Seven (7) days IF we have assisted you with fitting questions PRIOR to you placing your Original order. If after speaking, we determine that an EXCHANGE is the best option, the orthosis you return must be in Like-New and re-sellable condition free from damage, wear, dirt or hair, when we receive it before an EXCHANGE will be given.
Please Note: We are unable to reimburse you for any shipping costs if you did not contact us with any fitting questions PRIOR to placing your Original order.
- Purchaser may not cancel or change an order once placed with and accepted by SELLER except with the prior written consent of SELLER and upon terms that will indemnify SELLER against any loss. Seller may correct clerical errors.